My dream has come true! After 10 years volunteering with other rescues, I took the plunge and started my own rescue to improve the lives of felines in need. Many people know me by my volunteer activities with other organizations. Others just know me as “Ginger.”
I established Cat Cove, Inc. (CCI), as a non-profit 501c (3) feline rescue, on February 1, 2022. CCI is a home-based, volunteer run rescue. We are primarily a foster to adoption rescue, but I found our community (both human and feline) have additional needs. I have expanded CCI programs to support those needs.
Foster/Adoption – CCI has recently taken in its 500th feline for fostering. As a foster center, we are active in an extensive network of rescues and shelters in the states of Virginia, North Carolina, Maryland, and the New England area. Network partners connect and share complimentary resources to find furrever homes for our foster cats. Most of CCI foster cats are adopted thanks to this network.
Resource – In our role as a resource to the community, CCI
- aids colony care givers in the management of their community cat colonies,
- works with local shelters and Animal Control Officers when their duties involve friendly strays and surrendered pets,
- supports pet owners in all aspects of feline care including connecting them with services provided by other organizations,
- provides temporary fostering of pets to those families who need that short-term support until they can take them back home,
- admits those pets whose owners have been evicted, passed away or can no longer care for them. These much-loved pets are frequently seniors and need supportive care.
Rescue – CCI participates with animal welfare organizations, shelters, and the community in urgent rescues of cats and kittens. Many times, we are the first call made by rescuers for help on weekends and evenings. We can provide shelter and basic care for their foundlings.
We are grateful for your past donations to CCI. This is our first annual fund-raising letter, and we hope you will support us in continuing our mission to improve the lives of homeless felines. All donations are 100% tax deductible. With your help, we will continue to be here.
Thank you for your consideration,
Ginger Tinsley, President